A new bylaw respecting fire pits has now been passed.
Click Here to open a printable pdf document of the bylaw
The following is a brief summary of the bylaw:
- All outdoor fires should have responsible supervision at all times
- Don't start fires when it is windy or let the smoke drift and become a nuisance to your neighbours
- Put out the fire if it unreasonably interferes with the use and enjoyment of another person's property
- Fire pits now require an application for a permit.
Click here to print the application
Please do not burn:
- rubbish or garbage
- materials that cause dense black smoke or odours, such as insulation, roofing materials, treated wood, plastics, rubber, or dangerous goods
Should a complaint be received, an inspection of your fire pit may have to be carried out and if so, a fee may apply.